Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sea Lions Take First

Saturday was our first home meet. This was a Tri-meet. Everything ran smoothly and the Sea Lions took first. Rachel had a piano recital later in the day, so they were forced to swim the early events. These were not Rachel's favorites - but she did a good job swimming the 100 yard Individual Medley, Followed by the 100 yard Free style, and finally the 50 yard Fly. Whew! I know I couldn't do all that!
This was Bret's first meet of the year! He had a great day! He scored 5th place in Fly taking 6.59 seconds off his record, 6th place in the Individual Medley taking 8.72 seconds off his time, and 10th place in Back stroke subtracting 3.13 seconds from his time.

The best part for me was not having the kids DQ! It's so easy to mess up a stroke. I'm proud of them for finishing and placing in each race!

1 comment:

Emily Campbell said...

Great job! Awesome pics!