Sunday, July 13, 2008

Family Camp

This year RGBC returned to my favorite Family Camp spot. For the first time in 8 years Wade and I were not on the camp board - whewhuu!!! We got to sit back and relax! In fact, it felt so weird when we were packing. We didn't have anything extra to bring, nothing to shop for, hardly any stress! We liked it this way! For several reasons we opted for a tent this year instead of our trailer. The most important being -Lilly. This was the first time she ever slept in a tent:)! She slept with her brothers and sister while mom and dad camped right next door. I had a hard time with this at first, but eventually realized she was much closer to me than she is at home in her bedroom!
Bret and Wade spent much of their free time playing airsoft with all the boys, and an occasional grown up. I have some terrific pictures in my head of these handsome boys all dressed in their gear. However, for most of the weekend my camera was not nearby. While the guys played airsoft - Lilly, Rachel, Garret and I took off with some other families to the nearby lake. We rented a party boat, swam, ate and enjoyed each other's company. (I didn't have my camera -grrr!)
Sue spent her free time on this industrious project. She is shelling almonds. Rachel was a good helper.
Martin after our chapel service this morning.
A very cute couple! Michelle can copy this and send it to them - thanks!
One of the most special parts of family camp is the camp fire! Here we encourage one another in song and word. The first night the children were encouraged to obey their parents. Ephesians 6:1. Parents were encouraged to protect their children and train them in the way of the Lord. Saturday, we were enthralled with some stories from the book of Acts. Pastor Tim encouraged us to be ready to stand for Christ. I plan to start re-reading Acts this week. This morning the lesson was for the parents - Psalm 119:33-48. We were encouraged to teach our children to love the Word of God. Wow! I plan to meditate on this as well.

After our camp fire talk - there are always marshmallows!
The next two pictures are for Uncle Jon. Can you guess what the kids are playing?
Mafia!

Wade and another techy dude! This is their serious face!
This is their happy face! He is a missionary and familiar to those of us around RGBC.
Here's Wade ready for another game, what? The kids are too tired! Wade outlasted them all!
Continued worship after the service was over!
Family camp is a great place to make new friends!


Well, the date is already set for next year. Same place, same weekend. We're all looking forward to it!

6 comments:

Mary and Jim said...

We miss you all! So great to see pics of the RGBC crowd!

Six in our Crew said...

We missed you too - more than one person came and asked how you were doing this weekend!

Emily Campbell said...

Looks like you had a great time too! I just love the special way God works in the preaching at family camp! I don't know if I could ever do the tent thing again! How long were you gone? I need to call you soon the kids are begging to get together with you!

Katie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELLISSA!!!

Emily Campbell said...

Well I hate to do this on your Birthday but you have been tagged with a meme (I have know idea what it is)you can find more info on my blog! Happy Birthday!

Six in our Crew said...

Thank you Katie, thank you Emily -hmmm! Right now I'm going to work in the yard and think about this tagging thing! Happy Belated birthday to you!