Today I made homemade bread for the first time! Believe it or not we are eating it, and enjoying it! My kind friend loaned me her Bosch Mixer two weeks ago (maybe 3!) It took me a while to get the right ingredients and then a little longer to find the recipe I wanted to use. Another friend told me about the http://urbanhomemaker.com/website. I downloaded her e-book on bread making, pretty informative and it led me step by step through the process. There are things I'm wondering about, like should the dough have actually been coming out of the top of the mixer? I turned it off when this happened! As I scooped it out into another bowl to rise, I felt pretty defeated, but alas when all was said and done it did not look half bad! In time I will get the hang of it. This evening my family enjoyed some homemade vegetable soup with their bread and butter! Well, let's face it - we all enjoyed the bread much more than the soup. Some of the veggies were given to me by a generous friend, some were from our own garden. I knew my family wouldn't eat them raw so I disguised them in a soup. Most were blended so they didn't even know they were there!! Think of all the nutrition I was able to pour into their mouths, and down their throats this evening! Here's another website I refer to, to make me feel good when I serve my family a healthy meal - http://whfoods.com/.Someday, I may show you a picture of my bread, but for today enjoy the picture I downloaded. And try to imagine the yummy smell!
4 comments:
Gee- I thought that was your bread! I bet yours was wonderful, though.
How funny! When I saw the picture, I thought, "Wow! I've got to comment on that professional picture!"
I have never had bread rise the right way, I was thinking it was maybe because I don't have access to a fancy mixer, but then again neither did the ladies in the pioneer days and I'm sure their bread rose just fine! Maybe I'll try again some time.
Oh my, I thought the same thing about the bread. I thought those are beautiful loaves and Melissa sure knows how to stage a picture! I can't wait to have a bite - or more of your bread Melissa, I'll pass on the soup. I'm sure there was squash hiddned in there some where.
Sounds so yummy! I love homemade bread and soup. I wish we were closer so I could come over and enjoy some. Vegie soup sounds good to me!
Post a Comment