Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year...Happy Birthday

Happy New Years!  In our family, each new year also brings a birthday!
Lilly was due Christmas day, but arrived New Years Day.  So, while thrilled with the birth of our healthy baby girl., a New Years Birthday does present a few challenges...

1.  Yes, we did write a check to Uncle Sam in 2003.  Had she been born 24 hours early, the tables would have been turned.
2.  Most years the store shelves are completely empty after Christmas (probably not this year but I wasn't taking any chances)
3.  Viruses and Bacteria  thrive this time of year!  Last year, I was too sick to do anything on my own.  Thank goodness for "Build A Bear" and a free Chevy's birthday lunch!
4.  Any New Years Traditions we used to have, have been changed to birthday ones. 

I determined not to let any of the above hinder this special day for Lilly!  She enjoyed a wonderful, quiet birthday at home!  It was a great day!

Lilly planned the menu for the day.
Breakfast - pancakes
Lunch - Turkey sandwiches (I struggled with this, but it's her day!)
Dinner- (also a struggle) Chicken Legs!!! I served a hashbrown casserole and Caesar salad too!
Dessert - cake, and more cake!  (also Grandma's bread pudding - not on her menu, but enjoyed by all!)
Here's some photos of the day!  Lilly and friend eating their turkey sandwiches!

Opening gifts!!!
Painting!
Tonight we had a special dinner with Papa and Grandma!
A new outfit for Cinderella!  And Grandma doctoring some sick stuffed animals!
Lilly and Papa playing "I Spy Eagle Eye"
Lilly, Roy, Cinderlla, and a sick teddy that Grandma made better!

Happy Birthday Lilly!  I'm glad your birthday is New Years Day!

2 comments:

green eyed girl said...

I am glad you found my blog again also. I had seen yours and noticed that you had a busy holiday as well. Sofia is just 3 weeks younger than Lilly. I had forgotten. Hope all is well.

Emily Campbell said...

Happy Birthday Lily from Kelsey! and the rest of us of course!