What a fun day on the lake with friends, grandma, an aunt and cousins!


I wasn't sure how Garret would react to tubing -but he loved it!

On the way home Lilly told us that tubing was more than fun, it was awesome. In fact she didn't want it called fun at all. It was too much more than that for her!

The big kids were a thrill to watch! The boat picked up more speed and the girls loved it!

Martin and Sam - thanks for everything!

Sam is an incredible wake boarder!

In the early afternoon the kids switched to kayaks.



Lilly begged, and I relented. This was a big mistake.

It was windy and she effortlessly moved across the lake. Her big brother came to her rescue.
He and Madison worked to tie Lilly's boat to Bret's. I was pretty impressed...

until it became clear that now Bret was in trouble. He was able to get Lilly to shore and give her to me. Why I didn't jump in the kayak, I don't know. He was very confident that he could get both kayaks back to the dock. But no, now Bret was much farther than Lilly had been. I ran back to camp for help - yes, ran!

Martin and Sam to the rescue!! Sue too! Thank you Sue!
O.K. silly computer deleted my last picture, but it's of everybody making it back to shore in the boat. Thanks Yeomans for a special day. It reminded me of my high school days on Lake Tulloch. Glad my children were able to experience some of the same type of fun! Looking forward to next year already!!
4 comments:
Wow that was an exciting day! We have to come go with you guys, my kids love tubing! Funny how much I loved it as a kid and now its not so fun :( Way to go Bret...nice save!
Yes, when I saw you running I knew there was trouble! ;-)
What lake did you go to? I am researching places to go.
Amber: We went to Tulloch Lake - South Shore. It would be a nice place for a family day. It was very quiet on Wednesday. Don't go on the weekend. Hope all is well with you. I'll have to check your blog again!
Post a Comment