2010-2011 School Year

Lilly - 2nd Grade
This year - multiplication and division! She had fun with math blocks and multiples of 2 last week.
Garret - 4th Grade
Garret has been having a great time with a language study this past week. I can tell his imagination will take him far in his writing this year. I've assured him that his math book is easy.

Bret - 7th Grade
So, Bret is in real school now!! He's working on his second year grammar. He was thrilled (hee, hee) to learn all about Participle Phrases last week! But it's not all that bad. He gets to learn Physical Science with some outstanding young men. Writing class, Bible class - it's good to be in Junior High!

Rachel - 9th Grade
Highschool - wow! Rachel's looking forward to an online Spanish class. We've purchased a microscope, some slides and look forward to having two of Rachel's friends come to our house each week to study Biology together!

There are many other exciting things in store for us this year. Our Bible time is centered around the Acts of the Apostles. Every morning we listen to another story from the Your Story Hour collection. It's an exciting way to learn what happened in the Book of Acts.
I'm going to concentrate on learning large sections of scripture, beginning with I Corinthians 13. We're also finally beginning our Mystery of History II! I love history, love this Christ-centered book, and I'm so excited for the opportunity to share it with my three youngest children.

Just to let you know we're still real, and no every day didn't go as planned last week. The phone rang and I had to answer it. We cried over hand writing. I had to take a nap after I finished teaching Bret his grammar lesson, and Lilly had way too much free time!
Week 2 - here we come!

3 comments:
Great pics and update of agenda for schooling. I pray for all of you to understand and remember what you have learned without too much stress! Melissa you are included in the prayer!
Thanks for sharing your first week! Love the pics (Rachel's hair is so cute)we are looking forward to our start next week. Thanks for all of your help, support,& ideas! I really appreciate it.
Love the crazy photo...
And if Lily and those boys wanna come do round robin on spelling words or math facts let us know.. would love to..
Post a Comment