Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Cherries!

I have fond memories of picking and eating cherries off of our tree as a kid! We'd pick our cherries when they were black and oh so sweet! Sitting in the tree spitting out the pits all over the lawn was the best! (Yes, Melissa is writing this!)
As an adult, I think I should do something to preserve these beauties - jam, pie, dehydrate, I just can't settle on anything, probably because I just like eating them! Maybe, Mary can give me some ideas, and please come pick some too!

4 comments:

Arvind said...

We'd love some, if you got any to share! :)

Six in our Crew said...

I was thinking it would be nice for Wade to take a bag to work! I'll get the kids on it!

Emily Campbell said...

They look really good! I was just thinking about buying some cherries to bad we don't live closer!

Basnight said...

OH, I miss that old cherry tree. Every year as Mark and I buy cherries, I say, "I sure miss my dad's cherry tree".
The last season before it got cut down I made so many cherry things my thumbs were black!
I think I'll have Javan start digging a hole for our own tree!