Our summer took a dramatic turn on Thursday when we rejoined the Sea Lions team. Originally, I said "no way, not this year." But it's been eating at me. I love to see my kids getting great exercise at a sport that I thoroughly enjoy. My out of practice kids pulled it off on Saturday at the time trials, after only one practice. Bret took several 3rd places and Rachel showed some improved times over last year's time trial. They have lots of room for improvement - so this summer between 9-10 you'll catch us at the city pool. Not a lot of time for competition this summer, but we'll be gearing up for next year.
Bret is on the left. We don't take pictures out here because it's so hard to get a good one. Thankfully, the Sea Lions have a great photographer. Maybe next time he'll get a picture of Rachel.
Bret is on the left. We don't take pictures out here because it's so hard to get a good one. Thankfully, the Sea Lions have a great photographer. Maybe next time he'll get a picture of Rachel.After spending a morning/afternoon in the incredible heat I rushed home and made lemonade! I drank 3 glasses. A little too much sugar for me (massive headache)! Then we welcomed my Aunt and Uncle for a visit. It was nice to see them. They brought many, many gifts for our children, and some for me too! Then Wade and I caught up for a few moments until our next guests arrived, surprise visit, etc. I'm getting tired. But wait, we had to make dinner (BBQ) and clean the house for tomorrow. My kind husband mopped the floor after I spilled hummingbird food all over it (yuck, sticky - I was going to cry!) My hero rescued me! Finally, bedtime.
Sunday - happy faces, going to church. Walking out the door, unhappy and grumpy faces. Good message from Pastor Matt on contentment. Philippians 4:10-20. Much to think and pray about. After church, happy faces again. I'm tired from the emotional morning, and my 4/5 year old Sunday School class (sweet kids, but I'm getting old!). Swim and lunch at Grandma & Papas - (short visit with sis and some of the cousins)! Afternoon- meeting with an old friend, kids veg out on a movie from Uncle and Aunt!! Evening - small groups - thankfully, not our house (although it was clean enough)! Wade led, he did a good job encouraging us to forgive others. Luke 6:27-38. More to think and pray about. We arrived home, exhausted but contented! I did my lunch fairy duty while Wade took care of children's teeth and getting the garbage can on the road (thank you)! Prayer and bed. Is the weekend over - phew!
2 comments:
Wow that was busy! I'm glad our Saturday was calm just Sunday was busy for us!
Whew! I remember those days- and I am so thankful the Lord gave them to us, but equally thankful our lives have slowed down! For everything there is a season. Keep the great work of parenting and raising your kids in a godly way and setting such great examples for them!
Post a Comment