Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Best of Both Worlds

This is a first for the Crews. A bike that is not a birthday gift, or a Christmas present. The rising gas prices seemed to warrant this purchase. Why did I call this blog the Best of Both Worlds? That's how I felt today. Rachel, Bret and I rode three miles to town (swim team) and back this morning. This evening our whole Crew took a bike ride to the nearby state park. We enjoyed inspecting our friends' young almond orchard (with rows of beans growing between the trees!). The shade offered by the walnut trees, just when we were working up a sweat. And our destination, a breezy ride through the state park(permission granted by the ranger). So you see - we really have the best of both worlds living here. A short ride to town and an enjoyable ride in the country!
So what's this? Rachel wiped out on the way into the gravel driveway! Oops! She's a trooper though, and looking forward to riding to swim practice again tomorrow!

3 comments:

Arvind said...

We have a new bike in our family as well - for App! I'll post a pic when we finally take a ride :)

Wipeouts are the stepping stones to biker confidence :) I remember quite a few in years past, but none of late, knock on wood!

Emily Campbell said...

That is the same plan I have! Only I need a bike and so does Carrlee so we may be walking for awhile or watch for good deals on Craigs List!

Six in our Crew said...

Yes, we learned that even bike prices are increasing! Simple economics supply vs. demand. Hope you find a good deal, it's a lot easier than walking!