Tuesday, October 28, 2008

And The Winner Is...Rachel!!

Saturday we were scurrying around - trying to get our house clean. I decided a little music would help ease the pain of ironing a week's worth of Wade's shirts! Well, lo and behold the station I turned it to was playing Odyssey. I wanted to change the station, because Odyssey is an everyday thing around here (Thanks, Mary and Jim!). But the groaning and whining of four children kept me from it. The programming on Saturday was geared toward kids and soon the DJ let us know that he'd be asking a question and the winner would receive -a copy of "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything." We jotted down the phone number and then I kept my own pirates busy- dusting, washing windows and folding clothes. The question was soon asked, "Who did the Jews want to see more than Jesus, look up John 12." Well that was a little too easy I thought, but my kids each looked up the verse and took turns calling the number. They left their answer - Lazarus, whom Jesus had raised from the dead, their name, age, phone number, etc. An hour went by and I told them that they probably picked someone else! All was forgotten, as chores were finished, and computers were turned on!Then tonight at supper time the phone rang!! The caller identified herself as someone from the radio station and asked if she could speak to Rachel. They spoke for a few moments and then Rachel handed the phone back. Somehow the woman got the impression that Rachel was quiet :)! She asked if we could pump her up before the DJ called back to congratulate her on winning the DVD!! I thought her dad could probably think of something! So Rachel was interviewed tonight and she did a great job. Her name and interview will be on the air Saturday, November 8th on KYCC 90.1 FM! So if you're in the valley - and have time, please tune in around 10:45 a.m.!

All that said. I reminded Rachel tonight just how much the Lord loves her. Last Thursday, Rachel woke up with an earache, by late afternoon it had ruptured. She's been in a lot of pain, and slept quite a bit for the last three days. Today was a good day, and I think Rachel winning the DVD is what my friend Lynne calls, a "God Kiss." Just a little encouragement to get her through the trial she's currently in. If you think about it please pray for Rachel's hearing to be restored and the ruptured ear drum to be healed. And rejoice with us as we praise God for all the good things He has done.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful time shared together and congratulations to Rachel. I will pray for your hearing and healing.

Emily Campbell said...

That is awesome! We will be praying for you Rachel and what a great reminder that will always be of God working in your life! I have quite a few of those (since I'm old now) and have been reminded of them over and over this year! They sure help when your going through a trial!

gma said...

How fun and exciting Rachel - and I will continue to pray for healing for your ear. You know I love you - huggs gma

Katie said...

I had fun getting caught up on you and your familia... and seeing all the visuals... Poor Lilly!! ;(

I'm glad your parents are having fun on the bike, though I know it IS scary! ;)

And Rachel's ear? That's interesting because last week Brittany asked me to get a Qtip and clean out her ear wax, and I was in the middle of doing that, ever so gently and carefully, and while doing so, I was telling her... "ya know- really we're not supposed to be doing this because...." and then in a minute or so, she began hurting real bad... so bad that I put a heating pack on, and she laid down for several hours.... ah....

She complains a lil less each day, and I've just been telling her that it's happened to me before, and it will go away a lil more each day, until it's gone... but secretly, I do hope there isn't any permanent damage.

What happened w/ Rachel?

Should I be taking Brit to the dr???

We are praying for all of you!!

(try to delete this comment will ya?) ;)