Friday was a beautiful day at Dodge Ridge. 60 skiers showed up from our Christian Home school group! It was a blast!Lilly sat in the lodge with a very kind auntie! She and her cousins had the run of the lodge, playing games and eating snacks all day!
Garret had a great day! Wade took him to his Level 2 class at 10:00 a.m. sharp. By 12:30 he hadn't shown up at the lodge. We tried to remain calm as we hunted the lodge, rental area, and searched the mountain. Not long after our search began he came skiing by with an instructor and group of boys his age. He shouted a few things to us, "You gotta try those pizza sticks - their great, and dad do you have time to ski with me at 3:30?" The first statement puzzled me because we were holding his meal ticket, but the second statement alarmed me! The lesson was for two hours, what was his instructor doing? We followed the class and questioned his teacher! Come to find out - Garret had accidentally joined an all day ($108) class! We apologized and offered to take him back, the instructor grinned and said, "I love teaching kids! He can stay!" So up Garret went on the rope tow, down he fell - and away Wade and I walked to have lunch! By the end of the day Garret was promoted to Level 3!!
Rachel - moved up to Level 4 and that's where she'll stay the next time we ski, she did great! Before and after her lesson she enjoyed skiing with her cousins.
Bret - had to skip his lesson because of a late lunch, but we hear tell that he was a dare devil! Lots of falling and getting back up and going again. He's a great skier!
Melissa - First time on skis! I was so nervous, but after a two hour lesson I gained some confidence. Maybe a little too much! Wade took me on the bunny hill. I did ok on the lift, but when we got to the hill I immediately started sliding down - 0ops!! I fell, and guess what - it's impossible to get back up! I don't understand how the kids do it. I fell two more times, but after that I did great! One of the girls told her mom I looked like a 20 something year old!! (ok - I'm bragging!!!) Anyway, I have a lot to learn and I'm looking forward to skiing again next month. I hope I get to ski with Rachel!
Wade - the pro!!! He had some time to ski with his buddies, but devoted much of his day to amateurs like me! Isn't he a great guy? He was kind and encouraging! I enjoyed seeing him ski - and wow how he stops on a dime. I thought he'd run me over a time or two!!!
We're looking forward to next month!
2 comments:
Oh man I'm so jealous! Sounds like a wonderful day. I wish we were still coming next month...oh well maybe next year. I wish we were a little closer!
Our kids are so disappointed :(! I told them you'll come another time and we can do things that are fun for everyone!!
Post a Comment