Saturday, March 28, 2009

Perfect Day for a Bike Ride...

The first (I hope) annual SVCS bike ride was today!
We met at the Honda Hills.  The kids had fun on the jumps, etc.  I had a pleasant ride with two other moms!  At the appointed time we headed down the Jacktone bike path and out to our house!  Wade put me in the lead.  I didn't keep it for long - but if I count right, I was the 8th one home out of 36 bikers.  That's not too bad is it?
Upon arriving at our house - Wade fired up the Barby while the rest of us rested and enjoyed fresh picked oranges (from our generous neighbors)!
We were soon fortified with hot dogs, lemonade and chips - yum!

For dessert there were yummy brownies and colorful Popsicles!

Oops!  A couple of guys thought they'd ride on down to the river.
That didn't turn out to be such a good idea.  I think one made it back to Honda Hills by way of tow.  The other had to call mum and dad!
Garret - ready to head back to Honda Hills for some more jumps!
H. getting a tow from J.  What a nice guy!

It was a great day, beautiful weather and wonderful friends to exercise with!

2 comments:

Emily Campbell said...

How fun! Its awesome that you have those nice bike trails right next to your house.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Melissa for all the lemons, they are so good. I enjoyed my time with all of you.