School is rolling . . .and the summer night life continues! We've had many evening activities the past two weeks, but we haven't let them interfere with our school. Well, maybe just a little. I use August to get us in the groove, if we have to take a day off that's ok. By September, we're moving!
Me, actually preparing the night before:)!
Rachel is doing what she calls "real science" this year! In our school the 3 R's are essential. Their science in elementary school only consists of nature readers, unless they have a specific interest of their own.
Rachel is in junior high and is using Apologia's General Science. I found this book fascinating, and I quickly read the first four chapters. I'll have to steal it on the weekends now so I can stay ahead. Rachel loves it too!
Experiment 1.1 - Density in Nature
P.E. has also become an important part of Rachel's day! She enjoys her morning jog, and sometimes an afternoon swim at Grandma's.
Every day we have a 5 minute math quiz. Each student works at his level, we have so much fun doing this together! I've enjoyed seeing Garret double the amount of problems he can do in 5 minutes in just two weeks of school!
Me, actually preparing the night before:)!
Rachel is doing what she calls "real science" this year! In our school the 3 R's are essential. Their science in elementary school only consists of nature readers, unless they have a specific interest of their own.
Rachel is in junior high and is using Apologia's General Science. I found this book fascinating, and I quickly read the first four chapters. I'll have to steal it on the weekends now so I can stay ahead. Rachel loves it too!
Experiment 1.1 - Density in Nature
P.E. has also become an important part of Rachel's day! She enjoys her morning jog, and sometimes an afternoon swim at Grandma's.
Every day we have a 5 minute math quiz. Each student works at his level, we have so much fun doing this together! I've enjoyed seeing Garret double the amount of problems he can do in 5 minutes in just two weeks of school!We're praising the Lord for giving our family the option to home educate. Our days are far from perfect and so is our family. But Praise the Lord, we have the opportunity to be together as we pursue our relationship with Christ, develop our character, and gain an education.
3 comments:
Ah.... I'd like to SEE that Apologia when I see you next!! :) Sounds wonderful!! :)
Great job- you amaze me regularly!
Ha, ha! It's me that is amazed by all you do and have done! Raising 3 great kids and doing all you've done to this wonderful place we now call home!!
Post a Comment