Friday, August 22, 2008

Shaken, Not Stirred!

The Nuts are on the ground!

Here's what else is shaking:

Last week we had a Back to School BBQ. Wade and I were in charge this year. We cooked enough burgers for 140 with all the fixings and served approx. 125. Not at our house, thank goodness! This was three day event for me. One day shopping/one day the BBQ/one day cleaning up and taking inventory, etc.

Saturday - Rachel had a few special friends over for play and a swim.

Wednesday - Back to School Jr. High BBQ. I'm now an official Jr. High leader. Our answer to the question of whether the Crew kids attend youth group or not. The parents become leaders! After 9 years of working with 3-5 year old's I graduated to 12-13 year old's! I'm actually still working with the little guys until June. So for now I'll manage both, but I look forward to the complete transition.

This Friday-Saturday - I'm hosting our annual Spell to Write and Read seminar. This is my favorite curriculum hands down! Ask Wade, he gets to hear about it all the time! He also gives up his wife for a weekend every year so I can help others have an opportunity to learn how to use this wonderful program! This year we have 24 attending the class!

Sunday will be communion in the morning. Rachel and I have volunteered to take care of the children for the 11:00 service. This will be her second official babysitting job!

Well, thanks for reading. Next week we leave summer activities behind and go full speed ahead to fall!

3 comments:

Mary and Jim said...

Wow! How do you keep up with that schedule? Fun to see all the shakin' going on, too. And have fun with the babysitting, Rachel.

Emily Campbell said...

I wish I could come up this weekend for your class. This will be our test year for homeschooling and if it works out I will want to add to our books. I'm right there with you - being involved with my kids classes. I think Carrlee is very thankful to have her Aunt & Uncle for youth leaders and so am I! But today I ended up watch their kids while they took Carrlee to Disneyland-I'm not sure I like that!

Emily Campbell said...

opps watching their kids