Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Six weeks and one day...

This was the long awaited day...Lilly, Garret and I set out early for our appointments.  Our first stop was Precision Imaging where we had Lilly's leg x-rayd.  One of the technicians asked to sign her leg and Lilly turned him down!  He acted offended, so I asked Lilly why he couldn't sign it.  "I don't know him, and my cast is coming off today anyway."  The first answer was good enough for me!
We ran several errands and had to stop for lunch.  It was Lilly's day so her choice ....
I couldn't resist this park as we drove by.  I think it's close to 70 degrees here today!



We finally made our way to Dr. K's office.  He checked the x-ray, everything looked good....Praise the Lord!
Off came the cast!!!


Lilly wasn't too happy.  The doctor said this is normal.  She'll start walking on her new leg when she's ready.  No rush!  Also, no jumping or bike riding for one month.  

I'll miss my hop a long Lilly!  

6 comments:

Emily Campbell said...

Thats wonderful! I bet it is such a relief for you guys.

Arvind said...

Yay!

Mary and Jim said...

Good job, Lily. Enjoy the warm weather!

Six in our Crew said...

We'll try to save some of the warm weather for you. Will we see you next week?

gma said...

I'm happy to know all is well with the leg. Answer to prayer! I love you Lillyicans

Katie said...

She wasn't too happy about what now???

It was interesting to see the pics of the cast coming off!! I'm surprised the dr. didn't mind letting you take pics! How nice!!!

It looks like that space field trip was awesome!!!!!! We look fwd to going sometime!! ;) What an oppurtunity!! ;)