Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A little celebrating

We celebrated Rachel's birthday throughout the day on Tuesday.
She woke to breakfast - pancakes topped with blueberries and peaches!  Yum!

She had one more gift to open.  Flip flops that Lilly picked out at Old Navy!  Need those for swim team!
After lunch, Rachel and I each baked a pie.  Hers was pumpkin, mine lemon meringue (not as good as Grandma Crew's - but Wade says I'm improving!)
After a dinner of Baked Potato Soup, (the absolute most fattening meal I make!) we sang another Happy Birthday to Rachel, and enjoyed our pie!
Here's Daddy celebrating - before he let us know how poorly he was feeling.  He's in bed with a fever!  Please pray for him!

After dinner, Wade had a meeting at church - so I decided to take all the kids to one of Rachel's favorite spots!!!  Grandma was in town - so she met us there!  How nice!  She helped Rachel make a few selections!!
I did say Rachel's favorite spots!!!  This guy was ready to scram after about 1/2 an hour!!

Here he is faking a smile for the camera :)!

It was a great day - a little school, a little play!  We came home and watched Rodger & Hammerstein's - Cinderella (1957).  Rachel enjoyed it!  Michaela would call it a gray movie (black and white!)   Grandma would say - too much singing!  The boys thought so too.  Garret conveniently left during each and every song!

Now on to the rest of our busy week.  Spelling Bee - Thursday, and skiing Friday!  We cancelled the ski trip last week, due to falling snow.  Has anyone checked the weather for this week?  Ha!  We're going to get dumped on!!!  All the dads tell me it will be great!  Most of the moms will be sitting in the lodge! I'm determined to at least take my lesson!  Brrrr!

3 comments:

gma said...

Good thing you didn't take my pic in the store, I would have been in the Bret section of okay, I'm done now! I did enjoy spending time watching the kids pick out their treasures! Thanks for inviting me!! Oh, and thanks for not inviting me to the movie - I would have gone to the kitchen to see if the garbage needed taken out of something - or fell asleep (ywan)

Anonymous said...

Two pies, yummy - I would have
taken the lemon, only because I
don't like pumpkin; which happens
to be Uncle Roger pie he loves
the best. I would have loved to
be at the book store, no Bret and
Gma section for me, most likely
would have liked the movie too.

Emily Campbell said...

Happy Birthday Rachel one more time! We would have LOVED to have been at Borders with you! That is our most favorite store!!!! The girls and I would enjoy the movie too, but I'm sure Brock and Nathan would have joined Garret! Hope you can make it to the snow Friday, I guess its a good thing we didn't try to make it. I do have visions of being in a cabin snowed in!