Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Note from Lilly

 I never want to forget this...
Young children have the most interesting way of spelling the things they want to communicate.  I remember when Rachel was in school the teacher had them keep a journal.   When the journal made its way home, I stood in my kitchen - laughing at her spelling, but crying because I was so touched with what she had written.  Funny, I understood what she was saying - all I had to do was use my phonics skills- all the right sounds, just the wrong letters.  Lilly needs a little more practice - so I'll interpret for you...

I love this, but I promised my mommy that I would go to the store

Isn't that sweet?  What did she love?  Her math fact families.  I was keeping her busy with them, while I worked with Bret on Grammar!

3 comments:

gma said...

How precious! Love math???? Wonder how she will love it in a year or two!

Anonymous said...

That tuged at my heart strings,
enjoy each moment of the time
you share these times with all
your kids.

Emily Campbell said...

That is so sweet! And by the way I could read it without the help :) I guess I read my fare share of kids stories!