Friday, August 15, 2008

We ain't pickin' it for ya!

Our farmer friends and neighbors offered us corn. The only criteria was we pick it ourselves! Yum! Fresh corn, and I think it tastes better when you pick it yourself! Here's the picking Crew (pun intended)!


Garret and Lilly thought it was great fun to shuck corn!

6 comments:

gma said...

I used to glean from the same farmers! How fun. Can't wait to taste some!

Mary and Jim said...

So did we- and we froze more corn than we could est that summer! So fun.

Mary and Jim said...

sorry- eat

Emily Campbell said...

We just enjoyed the first of our corn! Kelsey ate 4 for dinner last week. What do you do the extra? Freeze it? I'm freezing alot of squash right now because its coming out our ears.

Six in our Crew said...

How do you freeze squash? I am planning to freeze the next batch of corn. I didn't have time (Big Back to school BBQ - not at our house)!I gave what we didn't eat away. It's so yummy though, I want more!

Anonymous said...

Our hygienest said squash doesn't freeze well. You can do it, but it doens't have alot of flavor and is soft. I don't like squash, so it all sounds yucky to me!