Our week was incredibly busy! Following are some highlights! Monday was an unusual day for our family as we almost all went separate ways! The boys were invited to a birthday party, Rachel to a friends house, hummm!! I saw an opportunity and took it! I made a phone call and soon had arrangements for Lilly to play at a friend's house too! After I dropped off each child, I hit the road for Pleasanton. I enjoyed a nice visit with my friend Aparna, and a nice lunch date with our husbands! After visiting their office we did a little shopping and then had to call it an afternoon.
The C. family gave the boys a science set. Bret spent two days building different things and getting the motors to work. He is definitely his father's son!
Can you say fried? My computer died this week! Wade replaced the video card and it's running for now. He bought me a new computer, which I apparently approved in my sleep! I have no memory of him telling me he was buying the computer, or me telling him which credit card to use! Apparently both happened! So, who is more clever? Me, for coherently communicating in my sleep - or Wade getting me to approve this $$$ purchase without my knowledge!!
Rachel is now a Safe Sitter! She spent two days learning the ins and outs of babysitting! I wish I would have had a class like this! She learned how to communicate with parents, how to discipline children, what to do in an emergency, etc.
As with most things in our small town, there were many familiar faces. This made the class more enjoyable and comfortable for Rachel.
The volunteer staff.
Rachel, receiving her kit!
Ouch! Bret was helping dad kill wasps on Thursday! He only got bit, not stung - so no worries! Living out here will make a man of him!
Miss Lilly, all ready for her doctor appointment. Today was her Kindergarten physical. She really enjoyed all the attention, and did great with the shots! Afterward, we celebrated with lunch at In and Out Burger and a trip to the mall. We browsed a few stores, visited her cousin who works at Roger's, and finally purchased a new pair of tennis shoes! Looks like she needed them!!
The C. family gave the boys a science set. Bret spent two days building different things and getting the motors to work. He is definitely his father's son!
Can you say fried? My computer died this week! Wade replaced the video card and it's running for now. He bought me a new computer, which I apparently approved in my sleep! I have no memory of him telling me he was buying the computer, or me telling him which credit card to use! Apparently both happened! So, who is more clever? Me, for coherently communicating in my sleep - or Wade getting me to approve this $$$ purchase without my knowledge!!
Rachel is now a Safe Sitter! She spent two days learning the ins and outs of babysitting! I wish I would have had a class like this! She learned how to communicate with parents, how to discipline children, what to do in an emergency, etc.
As with most things in our small town, there were many familiar faces. This made the class more enjoyable and comfortable for Rachel.
The volunteer staff.
Rachel, receiving her kit!
Ouch! Bret was helping dad kill wasps on Thursday! He only got bit, not stung - so no worries! Living out here will make a man of him!
5 comments:
Wish we had you for neighbors! We'd like to catch a movie or dinner once in a while.. Rachel's new skills would be handy! :)
The science set looks fun!
Monday must have been a good day - We had no kids from 5:00pm on! Carrlee was at camp, Nathan spent the night with Nana and Kelsey with some good friends!
Congratulations Rachel!
catching up on my blog reading....wow lunch and shopping without kids! Great job with the science kit Bret, congratulations to Rachel on becoming a safe sitter, and to Lilly on her new vocation as kindergarten student. So sorry Garret got bit.
And yes, plant berries, just wear bbots and jeans while picking!
Wow! I didn't even know they wasps BITE, in addition to stinging!! Hmm...... So the bite supposedly isn't as BAD as a sting?? That looked pretty big! :(
Post a Comment